Aeris Manta - Stuck in gauge mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian2828

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did two dives this morning with the Manta and did not go into deco on either dive (though did get the five minute warning once). After the dive, I was adjusting the nitrox mix to see how it would change available bottom time for the afternoon dives. I decided against nitrox and left the O2 mix on air. The computer then popped into gauge mode. I did not go into deco so should not be locked out. Any thoughts on how I can get out of gauge mode? I tried holding down the Mode button, but nothing changes. The manual that comes with the computer does seem to address this issue except when you've been locked out because of deco violation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Still in guage mode three days later. I tried emailing support via the Aeris website, but have yet to get a response. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the computer to factory default? Does an Aeris rep check this thread?

The only logical answer is that you inadvertently changed the operating mode to gauge mode. An automatic lockout, for whatever reason, is in affect for 24 hours. It's best to get tech support on the phone to walk through the procedure for changing the mode if the instructions found in the manual aren't working for you.

My VT-3 went into gauge mode (must have had something press both front buttons just right).

The solution was to remove and replace the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only logical answer is that you inadvertently changed the operating mode to gauge mode. An automatic lockout, for whatever reason, is in affect for 24 hours. It's best to get tech support on the phone to walk through the procedure for changing the mode if the instructions found in the manual aren't working for you.

Thanks. I don't know that that is the only logical answer, but removing and replacing the battery seems like the next step. I will call Aeris. Hopefully their telephone support is better than their e-mail support.

This sounds like what I did. Will try your fix. Thanks!

My VT-3 went into gauge mode (must have had something press both front buttons just right).

The solution was to remove and replace the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really sucks about this watch!!! I must have accidentally gone into gauge mode when in the middle of Bonaire drive trip using nitrox. The watch locked my gauge mode for the rest of the trip, because it's 24 hours if you the gauge stays dry (sorry not diving without it). Removing the battery for 10 minutes did not bring it out of lock-out mode and I was not able to find any answers on the internet.

I like the features and the price was reasonable, but would not recomend it, as just sent it in for warr repair of well documented problem - chronic and sporadic low battery warnings. They should have stepped up to the plate and either recalled or offer to cross-ship - So when I go to buy an expensive computer, it won't be an AERIS. Cheers, Kevin.

So that's three people with the same problem. This must be a known issue. It is a shame. I really like the computer otherwise, but an unreliable computer is useless. It would be nice if a rep checked this forum and responded to our posts.

This really sucks about this watch!!! I must have accidentally gone into gauge mode when in the middle of Bonaire drive trip using nitrox. The watch locked my gauge mode for the rest of the trip, because it's 24 hours if you the gauge stays dry (sorry not diving without it). Removing the battery for 10 minutes did not bring it out of lock-out mode and I was not able to find any answers on the internet.

I like the features and the price was reasonable, but would not recomend it, as just sent it in for warr repair of well documented problem - chronic and sporadic low battery warnings. They should have stepped up to the plate and either recalled or offer to cross-ship - So when I go to buy an expensive computer, it won't be an AERIS. Cheers, Kevin.

An AERIS rep, me, responded to your post - in the event that you haven't contacted tech support:

The procedure for switching operating modes (NORM/GAUGE/FREE) is not unlike most other settings. So while it is clear that it is possible to inadvertently modify this setting - from my point of view, it is no different, actually more unlikely, than accidentally changing your nitrox mix or turning off your audible alarms. While in Dive Mode SURFACE MAIN, the M button must be depressed for 2 seconds... your current operating mode setting will be flashing (default: NORM). Depressing the A button cycles through options, S for less than two seconds makes a selection. The selected mode is then displayed on the main dive mode display.

Again, if following this procedure (after 24 hours if a dive is conducted in Gauge) is unsuccessful, there is indeed something wrong with the unit that requires tech support or service.
So that's three people with the same problem. This must be a known issue. It is a shame. I really like the computer otherwise, but an unreliable computer is useless. It would be nice if a rep checked this forum and responded to our posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom