new computer - 64bit windows -- ACI just keeps freezing and not responding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnarey

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi
Just got a new computer -- 64 Bit Windows 7

I moved my files -- I downloaded the USB drivers and the latest ACI s/w and it opens - I see my dive log, but it just continues to be 'not

Any suggestions -- I uninstalled and reinstalled everything twice and the problem is not fixed

May be compatibility....32 bit-vs-64....Some software vendors try to 'patch' their 32 bit [rather than revamp it] as a cheap fix to work w/64....Rarely works properly......Do you have 7 Ultimate or one of the others ???.....Best to contact the vendor or go to their 'site and see if they have up-grades/fixes/up-dated drivers.....

Just checking to make sure you installed the 64-bit USB driver and not the 32-bit version. Also, right click the icon on your desktop, and click the Run As Administrator button.

has the same issue running windows 7 64 bit after updating software. aeris did not respond to an email request for assistance so i system restored back to version 2.2.9 - problem solved. hope this helps someone.

i had a similar issue after installing the 64bit drivers and the version on the cd -( i think was 2.2.9? will have to look) and then letting the software do the update - kept freezing - i rolled back as well and worked fine - since then the usb drivers got corrupted and then it started freezing -- so it seems the usb drivers must be working properly before the log program will function properly. -- i reinstalled the drivers, uninstalled the logbook, and dled the latest version on the website -- seems to be working fine now. now if i can just get the compass on the a300ai to be so touchy, i'll be ecstatic!

I too think its compatibility issues of 64 bit. 64-bit works with some applications only. You can check that and confirm why this issue happened. I heard from some other people who have 64 bit is too having the same kind of issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom