Atmos ai quick disconnect and Flex HP hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rodamyot

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm planning to change all my hose on my kit for flex hose (trying to loose some weight) and I was wondering if I can put any HP hose on the quick disconnect adaptor
of the atmos ai?
he're is the model I'm looking to buy
Phantom Standard 3/8 LP Regulator Hose

Thanks
Rod

PS: I need an answer fast because I leave for Roatan on 25th of august and I want to have time to order and install everything and test it.

I'm looking for a quick disconnect flex hose for my Aeris A300 AI. Does this exist? Any plans to make this in the future?

I'm looking for a quick disconnect flex hose for my Aeris A300 AI. Does this exist? Any plans to make this in the future?

I had the same requirement. Actually, I had 3 objectives:

1) Use a shorter HP hose: I found the one that came with my Atmos AI with the Quick disconnect was just too long. I have it clipped to my left hip and I find it bows out too far - to the extent that I caught it on the boat rail getting off the ladder.... HMmmm got to fix that!

2) Switch to a flex hose: Lighter weight & more streamlined

3) Keep the Quick disconnect feature: I REALLY like the Quick disconnect as it allows me to disconnect the computer to take it with me or download dives - many advantages to having the QD.

I did contact Aeris a couple of times to see if they had options but I did not get a response. My guess is that they have one QD fitting that is pretty much bonded to the hose that they supply.

My solution was to choose the type and length of hose I wanted (24" HP Kevlar hose from Dive Gear Express: Double Braided Flexible Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express) and then add a Suunto HP Quick disconnect unit from Leisurepro (Suunto Quick Disconnect for Computer Gauges at LeisurePro).

The Suunto QD is a bit long in my opinion, but it works great and gives me exactly what I want at about the same price for the Aeries QD (which is now in my spare parts box... anyone want to buy one?? :)

Good luck!

Sell that spare QD hose yet? I'm interested if not. I can be reached at scubadvr01@gmail.com

I had the same requirement. Actually, I had 3 objectives:

1) Use a shorter HP hose: I found the one that came with my Atmos AI with the Quick disconnect was just too long. I have it clipped to my left hip and I find it bows out too far - to the extent that I caught it on the boat rail getting off the ladder.... HMmmm got to fix that!

2) Switch to a flex hose: Lighter weight & more streamlined

3) Keep the Quick disconnect feature: I REALLY like the Quick disconnect as it allows me to disconnect the computer to take it with me or download dives - many advantages to having the QD.

I did contact Aeris a couple of times to see if they had options but I did not get a response. My guess is that they have one QD fitting that is pretty much bonded to the hose that they supply.

My solution was to choose the type and length of hose I wanted (24" HP Kevlar hose from Dive Gear Express: Double Braided Flexible Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express) and then add a Suunto HP Quick disconnect unit from Leisurepro (Suunto Quick Disconnect for Computer Gauges at LeisurePro).

The Suunto QD is a bit long in my opinion, but it works great and gives me exactly what I want at about the same price for the Aeries QD (which is now in my spare parts box... anyone want to buy one?? :)

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom