Any difference between the AT400 and AT600 first stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I could see that AT600 is lighter, but am wondering about the internal design, etc.

Also, is the AT600 the equiv of Oceanic's FDX-10 (they don't look similar). I assume the AT400 is just a rebadged CDX-5 since they both look the same.

Hey Lwang,

The AT600 is a new beast all together. You are absolutely right, the regulator is smaller and lighter. There is 1 HP port, a fixed yolk and it is non-DVT.

It also has the ability to be retrofitted with an environmental seal if it suits your fancy. :D

-Mike

Hey Lwang,

The AT600 is a new beast all together. You are absolutely right, the regulator is smaller and lighter. There is 1 HP port, a fixed yolk and it is non-DVT.

It also has the ability to be retrofitted with an environmental seal if it suits your fancy. :D

-Mike

Hi Mike,
I was reading from AERIS : Regulator First Stages Only, and I noticed the following paragraph relating to the AT600 (it also says there are 2 HP ports):

With the AT600 there is a Secondary Environmental Diaphragm Membrane that seals off the spring chamber keeping the first stage completely sealed off from the environment adding a second layer of corrosion resistance. To further protect the regulator we have incorporated DVT (Dry Valve Technology).

Can you clarify? Is removing DVT a good thing in Aeris's mind? If so, why?

I see the AT600 must be a much inferior design, given its MSRP is much less than the AT400.

Also, from scubadiving ragazine, with the same ION 2nd stage, the AT600 scored a:

TEST STATS BREATHING SIMULATOR PERFORMANCE: 4-5 & REAL-WORLD PERFORMANCE: 3-4

while with the AT400, it scored:

TEST STATS BREATHING SIMULATOR PERFORMANCE: 5 & REAL-WORLD PERFORMANCE: 4-5

Is this all due to the 1st stage?

Source:
AT600: Gear / Regulators | Scuba Diving Magazine
AT400: Gear / Accessories | Scuba Diving Magazine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom