A300 ai -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iluvtheocean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I like my A300ai -- but i noticed that the plastic shield cover scratches easily and i was curious about a possible replacement in the future when it gets too scratched up to see thru -- checked on the Aeris website but there isn't anything available for this model DC. Anyone heard anything?

if you use a compass, i would suggest a regular compass for easier navigation (wrist, retractor, hose,etc) -- the digital compass is very touchy and course you have to switch screens to use it -- otherwise i like the computer.

it comes with a clear plastic one- haven't bought a replacement yet.

Just dove it two days ago. Bad thing was the temp was off. I confirmed this at home with a Suunto Cobra 3 and a cooking thermometer. The question I have is why a brand new computer is off by 7-9 degrees. What else is off? Called Aeris and was told without the receipt (which I don't have anymore) it will cost me $160 to calibrate it. That seems very odd that Aeris won't stand behind their product which has only 1 dive on it. I'm very disappointed. Doug Krause, if you read this please help. I'm a loyal Aeris diver but for a $1000 computer, this just isn't right.

---------- Post added June 2nd, 2013 at 12:27 PM ----------

Possible diverted disaster...The dive shop had a copy of the receipt and is mailing it to me. Disregard my last post, but still i little disappointed the temp is way off for a new computer.

Just wanted everyone to know Doug Krouse IM me and told me he would personally take care of this issue. I mailed it back and just received it all fixed. Customer Service A+++, if nothing else buy Aeris, thank you very much Doug

nice..... what sort of response are you getting with the compass.. responds fine above water... tends to over-react to slightest twitch underwater making it hard to get a bearing within 15 degrees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom