Aeris Elite T3 computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colbar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have just received my new T3 computer, downloaded the online manual and read through the 160 pages twice. It does not appear to advise how to turn on the computer manually - which would be really useful to customise the settings, before my first dive with it. any advice would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Col

page 11 of 160 for one place somewhat it says must be turned by push button

i dont see it but you hit the right button or any button to activate the computer.
Turn off teh wet probe, WQait for the 2 hour shut off period, Put it on and put your hand in the sink and push somthing it will come on.
You dont even have to use a sink ,, in air will work also.

Same computer...I read 160 pages of the manual and can't figure out how to set it for nitrox!!

With the t3 you have 3 tanks you can use as input so you have to define the gas in the 3 tanks. Let me lok at the book. .......... Jepordy music please

page 31-33 sets the gas for each tank. I would use air for tank 1 and your nitros mix in tank 2

notice on page 2 the tanks on hte computer you select the tank starting on page 103 (switching gas mixes) page 107 does the switch from gas 1 to gas 2

Many thanks for the suggestions but to no avail. Perusal again of the manual again provides no clarification, and the manufacturer has not yet replied to my email enquiry. I withdrew the battery which tested at 2.9V which should be Ok, however I will replace with a new one today. In addition the "Quick Start Guide" describes how to access the different functions but no direction on how to access the NORM (surface). This is frustrating. I had a bad feeling about this when I opened the black plastic storage box for the first time and one of the two catches broke off - I hope I haven't bought a duffer.

On the bright side, the weather is great and the water clean and 20 DegC so getting wet tomorrow with my Suunto Stinger, which has been incident free since purchased 18 months ago - Aeris please note!

Pushing either of the top two buttons turns the unit on. Following a diagnostic check, you'll be looking at NORM (surface). If it's not activating or shutting down following the diagnostic - a battery's the first thing to try... should that not work, it's going to need to come back -

PM me with a phone number and time and we will walk through it. If you dont do things in a timely manor it times out and you have to strt over.

Many thanks for the suggestions but to no avail. Perusal again of the manual again provides no clarification, and the manufacturer has not yet replied to my email enquiry. I withdrew the battery which tested at 2.9V which should be Ok, however I will replace with a new one today. In addition the "Quick Start Guide" describes how to access the different functions but no direction on how to access the NORM (surface). This is frustrating. I had a bad feeling about this when I opened the black plastic storage box for the first time and one of the two catches broke off - I hope I haven't bought a duffer.

On the bright side, the weather is great and the water clean and 20 DegC so getting wet tomorrow with my Suunto Stinger, which has been incident free since purchased 18 months ago - Aeris please note!

Thanks Doug, I have replaced the battery with a new unit (shelf life expiry - Nov 2016). I have pressed all three buttons singly and in all combinations but no response - the screen is dead. Noting the tyranny of distance, should I return it to the dealer (Coral Edge Adventures) or you at Aeris??

Thanks

Col

Hi, just to round out and close off this issue, I have returned the computer to the US dive shop and hopefully i will receive a replacement in due course. I would like to thank those members who offered their support and advice which illustrates one of the strengths of Scubaboard. With respect to the defective computer, so be it, but I would have thought that the dive shop would have kick started it and checked it out before sending it 9000kms. Incidentally, I had used a Oceanic XTC100 for the previous 12years with no problems except in the last few months it had been eating a battery a month which warranted its retirement and replacement.

Diolch

Col

Back
Top Bottom