This is not a bag...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
Under 20lbs. Fully packed with a week’s worth of travel friendly gear and no checked bags... Can your BC do this?

[video=youtube_share;IFqcBEyEXIs]http://youtu.be/IFqcBEyEXIs[/video]

Check out all the details here:AERIS : Jetpack

Attachments

• this_is_not_a-bag.jpg
    this_is_not_a-bag.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,166
I picked up a Jetpack last week in Bonaire and used it as my carry-on for the flights home. It is amazing how much stuff you can get in the "backpack" of the BC.

And....underwater it is very streamlined and feels like you are not wearing anything at all.

Way to go AERIS!!

Doug, you knocked this one out of the park! We just got ours in today, and DAMN these are really nice! I saw it at DEMA, but seeing it come all the way thru to a finished product is really cool. We already sold 2 out of the store today when they came in! STELLAR product and very unique!!! Great job!

Looks cool! I'll have to track down an Aeris dealer to check one out!

Question,
1. The backpack backstrap is the same as the BC backstrap?

2. how does one deal with wet gear whilst traveling?

3. I know there are some reports of regulators not allowed aboard the plane, any comments?

Thank you

Question,

3. I know there are some reports of regulators not allowed aboard the plane, any comments?

Thank you

Really? I've never heard or encountered this.

Question,

Thank you

1. Yes, when carrying the BC/Harness and daypack, the BC straps are your backpack straps.

2. Much the same as you would with any other method of packing. Time to fly intervals are more than sufficient for everything to thoroughly dry.

3. Never ever had a problem or heard of this - Where are you hearing this is happening? The JETPACK does not have to be your only baggage - while that's ideal (you keep everything you need with you and skip the checked baggage checkin and carousel), from a financial point of view, it allows you to avoid excess or overweight fees. So, if you want to bring more than the JETPACK can accommodate or check your regs, that's an option.

Agree on number three, I have not heard of this happening.

This does look interesting. I am just worried that if I dont use a backplate and wings I will die ;-)

Agree on number three, I have not heard of this happening.

This does look interesting. I am just worried that if I dont use a backplate and wings I will die ;-)

It's like a Band-Aid - sometimes you just need to rip them off quickly and be done with them. Even though it hurts, the healing begins quicker.

This was kind of funny. Doug sent me one of these to dive last week while in Boanire. They were so popular that I never got the chance. So, I can't tell you how it feels underwater or even all packed up. I just know that most of the divers really liked them and were happy we were giving them away at the end of the week. I'm sure I'll get to try one on some day. Until then, I'll have to slum in my Hollis SMS100. :D

Back
Top Bottom