Trouble changing battery in Aeris XR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need to change the battery for the first time in my Aeris XR1. I am able to remove the Hatch Retaining Ring, but then I cannot remove the clear dome that covers the battery. (I guess this is called the Battery Hatch.) It is stuck, and there is nothing to grab to pull it out. Can anyone suggest how I could remove this hatch? Thanks for any advice.

There isn't much holding it on besides a little pressure. I use a metal dental pick if I need to get something kind of under that part to get it going. Very tiny screwdriver also works. It shouldn't take a lot.

I can usually get a fingernail under the clear "hatch." What's holding it on is pressure of the slightly-compressed o-ring.

I suppose getting under it carefully with a thin knife blade would work too.

The biggest trick is getting the hatch back on, holding it down with your thumb while compressing the o-ring, and getting the locking ring on.

Thanks, Toddthecat and Marek K. Mine must have been more stuck than usual. Thumbnail didn't work (just split off a piece of the nail!), but a metal dental pick with a sharp point did the trick!

Back
Top Bottom