XR1 Nx sand under lens protector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

socaljohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got tumbled last weekend and a few grains of coarse sand have become trapped under the lens protector. Manual does not show how to remove it. Please advise.

I thought I posted this in the aeris equipment forum but have not gotten an answer. Anybody know how to remove lens protector?

take a small pick or flathead screwdriver and lift both tabs out on one side of the cover - so basically you'll see two notches close together on one side, the upper tab between those and the lower tab is between the lone notch and the bottom of the cover. So stick a pick between the notches, push down gently, and try to "scoop" the tab out of the slot, once it's out of the slot you do the same with the other tab and it should come right out. Also, start with the bottom tab first, it's a little easier that way.

take a small pick or flathead screwdriver and lift both tabs out on one side of the cover - so basically you'll see two notches close together on one side, the upper tab between those and the lower tab is between the lone notch and the bottom of the cover. So stick a pick between the notches, push down gently, and try to "scoop" the tab out of the slot, once it's out of the slot you do the same with the other tab and it should come right out. Also, start with the bottom tab first, it's a little easier that way.
Great. clear instructions. All cleaned out. Thanks!! :D

Back
Top Bottom