Aeris Manta questions/issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thank you in advance for any assistance. I am the owner, since 2011, of an Aeris Manta wristwatch dive computer. I have used this dive computer for a total of 12 dives. As I am getting ready to leave on a dive trip on Monday, earlier in the week I started gathering my gear. The Manta was dead, the victim of a dead battery. So I went out tonight to get a CR2430 replacement battery. When I replaced the battery, the display is dead/blank/non existent. In reading the owners manual, there is no mention of this possibly happening. I keep my gear in immaculate condition. And as an electrical engineer, I took care to replace the battery correctly. Does anyone have any idea what might be the issue here? It is disappointing to have this happen after such little use. Thanks for any help, at this point I am stumped.

TennesseeBrian

Could it have somehow entered "sleep" mode? I know this is several months later. Try pressing and holding the upper right and lower left buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds. See if that works. If not, is there a way to check to make sure your new battery actually is a good battery.

Hope you got it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom