Just received Aeris A300 CS OLED, but appears to be dead :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Bought it through my LDS who shipped it to me.

Really excited to open it up. Pressed the button which had the "Welcome Aeris" message displayed on the screen, and then an error message about altitude. Then it turned off. I turned it on a couple more times, getting the same message and result. Now it doesn't appear to turn on at all.

I called Aeris, and was told to leave a message for Neil which I did a couple hours ago. Haven't heard back, so I thought I'd ask the folks here if anyone has experienced this. The manual doesn't give me any suggestions. I tried charging it, but that does not appear to work either.

---------- Post added June 9th, 2014 at 11:54 AM ----------

Okay, so I took the battery out and reinserted it. I get a message to activate after a beep, it beeps, and then turns off. When I turn it on again, I get the "Welcome Aeris" then the logo, and then "Error Altitude" flashing a few times. I'm wondering if I need to replace the battery.

Ouch. That typically means that it picked up an issue with the depth sensor during the activation diagnostic. We're going to need to switch it out for you and get it back for evaluation. Since you had it shipped to you in the first place, I assume a trip over to your LDS to see if they can swap it over the counter won't be a convenient option - if not, we'll send a call tag to pick it up and get you a replacement immediately. Neil in customer service will no doubt get back to you shortly - just let him know that we "talked" - and ask that he get you a call tag and RA# to make sure that it comes back to my attention.

Yes, I am in the Sacramento area, and my LDS is in the Seattle area.

Thanks Doug! I'll wait for Neil's call.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get a replacement by Friday, as I'm diving in Monterey next weekend.

---------- Post added June 9th, 2014 at 12:19 PM ----------

Doug is really great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom