A week in Coz with the A300CS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lyonsce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I spent a week in Cozumel with my new A300CS and thought I would give my impressions. First, I like the computer a lot, but there are a couple of things that could be improved (I was using the rev D firmware, I just updated to the E rev). I found that the computer loses link with the transmitter when the battery gets toward the low end even if it shows good on the battery test. When I changed the battery the transmitter link loss went away, so this seems to be an indicator of a battery that needs to be changed. The biggest thing that could be improved is the color of the safety stop countdown, it is almost impossible to read in bright sunshine in clear water (I had the intensity set to 80%); however the rest of the display was readable, please change the color or allow it to be changed by the user. I had a VT3 connected to the same transmitter and the readings were the same between the 2 computers and all the calculations were pretty much identical (the safety stop countdown would be different by about 5 seconds). The menu system of the A300 is MUCH better than the VT3 and the information is much easier to find and review. The one big difference between the VT3 and the A300 is that Elapsed Dive Time is on the VT3 main screen and is on the A300 alternate screen, I like being able to see the EDT on the main screen, but towards the end of the week I got used to selecting the alternate screen to check the EDT, so I guess it's just a matter of habit and I will get used to it. All in all, I (and my wife like the A300 even though the battery life is not very good, I had to change the battery in both during the week, so we got about 14 dives per battery)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom