Aeris A300 XT Low Pressure Alarm Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

absoffthewake

Registered
Reaction score
My dive buddies and I bought 4x Aeris A300 XT dive computers, and we're happy that we bought it. I love having the analog pressure gauges, a good old fashion compass, and an easy to operate, reliable, get the job done without much tinkering dive computer. No other console out there like it. Marketed right, it can easily become the first set of gauges for the majority.

But one thing I'm not loving is the fact that I can't trust the low pressure alarm. The primary reason I bought this is because of the Low Pressure Alarm (with the analog pressure gauge being a close second). I spearfish in the gulf in 40ft of water, and the only issue I run into is running out of air. I never even come close to no stops. Every once in a while I get distracted and look down and I have 200-300 psi. I'm trying to get technology to save me from myself. The manual says the low pressure alarm goes off at 500 psi, but my dive buddies and I are either not noticing it when it happens, or its not happening. We have had one or two sightings of it though. It beeps (if you want to call it that because you can barely hear it) once or twice, displays low air for a second or two, then it goes back to normal as if nothing happened. If I happen to hear it, by the time I grab the console to look at it everything went back to normal so I don't have any assurance as to why it beeped. Was it mines that beeped or someone elses? Now I have an underwater unsolved mystery.

A low pressure alarm is a CRITICAL piece of information. I want to be annoyed by it with loud endless alarms until I can't take it any more and I hit a button to shut it up.

Please update the firmware to not stop alarming loudly until I confirm the low pressure alarm. Continuing to Cycle between LOW AIR and the current screen would also be nice. Allowing this alarm to go unnoticed makes this potentially wonderful feature useless.

Also, all the LDS I've been to don't seem to understand that the A300 has a Low Pressure Alarm. I've had to show LDS owners your website to prove them wrong. After showing it they said that can't be right and then they pull out the manual. The few that did realize it thinks it also has Air Integration. I think that because it looks like a console they assume the dive computer is separate and has no linkage to the pressure. A little LDS education might go a long way in selling more units. Probably needs a big FAT red sticker saying BUILT-IN LOW AIR PRESSURE ALARM! on the box.

In other news, I bought the usb cable and can download the logs to my Windows 8.1 PC with the Aeris Computer Interface software without issue. It does what I want it to do, but I will say the Aeris software looks rather dated, and figuring out how to download the log is confusing. The workflow is awkward, and the tiny buttons have confusing unclear descriptions. You would think that downloading data from the dive computer would be the button that is most emphasized, instead I have to read the help file to figure out that I have to press a buried tiny + button. I'll get used to it I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom