A300CS Hardware Versions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveCT

Registered
Reaction score
My question probably got buried in the long A300CS thread, so posting it separately. I am seriously considering the A300CS as a holiday gift to myself and I understand the steadily improving firmware and software upgrades. My question is whether I need to be aware of hardware versions and whether I should only be looking at units manufactured after a certain date? The reason is that my LDS has 2 units that I am going to go check out this week, but they say they have been sitting on the shelf for months and both have rather old build dates. Will upgrading the firmware bring these units up to where a freshly manufactured one will be? The LDS doesn't seem to know, so thanks for your insight!

I heard from my LDS that early units had an (incorrectly sized) o-ring for the battery cover which caused flooding. So you might want to check if the units your LDS is selling has the new o-ring.

Thanks triode, I will definitely make sure they are on top of that in case they are not already aware.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom