Recalibrate an Atmos AI??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MN Lakeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I own an Atmos AI with over 200 dives over the last 4 years I've owned it. I also keep a backup Aeris DC clipped to my BCD & over the last 25 dives or so, I've noticed my Atmos AI is reading 5 ft lower than my other DC. I compared my depth & dive logs to my buddy's Oceanic (pretty much the same technology...), & his computer confirms that my Atmos is off. The craziest thing is that during my very recent Bonaire trip, I soaked the reg set (including the Atmos) in a 3 ft deep fresh water tank after each dive, & it recorded a 5 ft dive on the dive log/download!!

I looked into this on the Aeris website service page, & see there is a "re-calibration" service, so I eagerly clicked the link to "contact" the service dept., & it's been 10 days & I've not heard a word on the email address I supplied them.

So 1st question: is the computer fried? Granted, it's better to read deeper than shallower, yes? (Of course!) Am I expecting too much from the company to respond to my question on what the procedure is to get this solved?? I REALLY love this computer & I'm hoping to get this serviced/replaced before my February Cayman Island trip.

Moderator want to maybe chime in (Doug I believe...)??? I've sent two emails to Aeris & still no reply regarding the above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom