Need Help with Aeris XR1 Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccphares

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I have an Aeris XR1 wrist computer. I bought it in 2010 from Leisure Pro. I have done about 25 dives on it over the past 4 years. This year, it has developed some problems. The most alarming was that it reset itself mid-dive on my second to last dive (of 7 dives) on a trip to St. Thomas a few weeks ago. Data logged for 3 of the other dives did not match my buddy's computer - by a lot - but then 3 dives seemed to be right on. So the problems seem to be affecting about 50% of the dives.

I don't plan to dive on the computer again, but sure would like to know what happened. I'd like to get some help from Aeris on this - maybe they could debug it. I submitted a contact form on their website, but got no response. Is there an Aeris rep on this site, or does anyone have a suggestion to get some help from them?

Thanks,
Charles

Have had the same comp.. mine started / or have always showed wrong water temp by a few degrees C. Not a big problem, but in the end i sold it for a more reliable Zoop. I talked to aeris about it, and i would have to send it in to them. Not shure if i had to pay.. might find more info if i have a look thru my emails.

It only had a two year warranty, so it's out of warranty, but if you want it fixed I'm sure an Aeirs dealer can help you for a price. There are a couple of Aeris dealers near your home in Seattle.

Lighthouse Diving Center
5421 196TH STREET SW #6
LYNNWOOD, WA 98036

Tacoma Scuba Center Llc
1602 CENTER STREET #C
TACOMA, WA 98409

Or call Leisure Pro since that's where you bought it. It doesn't appear that Leisure Pro is an official Aeris dealer, so they might not have much of a relationship with Aeris, but maybe they can help you out in some way or another. Otherwise, the XR1-NX was one of the most basic, least expensive computers being sold by Aeris. Maybe it's time to just toss it and forget about it.. You can still buy another new one on Amazon for $175 if you really like the XR1-NX..

Good luck...

Joe - -

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom