Help with A300 CS. No response from Aeris or Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingleton

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have A300 CS, less than 2 months old. Worked fine when i tested in pool and lake, but on my first sea dive it's been malfunctioning ever since.

What's happening is as soon as i descend past about 45 feet, the wireless transmitter loses connectivity with my computer. So I have no air pressure then entire time. Occasionally it would reconnect when I got shallow (safety stop) or surfaced. a couple random times it reconnected with the turn pressure was triggered. Sometimes never reconnect.

Upon surfacing it was working fine again. I changed batteries in both transmitter and computer. I even tried another location. I tried holding my wrist over my head right next to transmitter for 60 seconds every time it disconnected to try to reconnect and it wouldn't.

I have now used this on 6 separate 2-tank dives and it has done the same exact thing on each time. (yes I'm using a a spare SPG to monitor air just in case)

I've emailed both Aeris and Oceanic support asking about warranty service, with no response.

Any suggestions.

If you have access to another Oceanic or Aeris transmitter, you might try switching it to see if you have a transmitter problem. I find your inability to contact support at Oceanic disturbing.

Did you call them? DEMA was this week. Lucky to get anyone to look at email. I never email unless I can't get someone on the phone. Phone is always my go to method for any issues with any company.

Did you call them? DEMA was this week. Lucky to get anyone to look at email. I never email unless I can't get someone on the phone. Phone is always my go to method for any issues with any company.

I had emailed them about 3-4 weeks ago. A couple times. No conflict with dema. Did try to call but discover it was after hours in their time zone. Its my fault i haven't called back yet. This past week i was out of country diving again so i emailed them again bc i didn't have phone service.

I plan to call tomorrow.

I had great success with Neil.

Either call or email. He is very responsive.

Neil Morales
Technical Support
American Underwater Products
Oceanic / Hollis / Aeris / OceanPro / Lavacore
2002 Davis St.
San Leandro, CA. 94577

s

Phone 510-562-0500
Toll Free 800-435-3483
Fax 510-569-5404
Email: nmorales@americanunderwaterproducts.com
US Home : Oceanic Worldwide
AERIS : The Adventure Begins
Hollis - No Limit

I would attest to that .Neil is there for (us). He is very customer friendly.He has helped me several times. 1st time was with the very issue of lossed signal. I had gotten one of the 1st cs300's s/n # 374. They had a firmware issue that had to be returned. My replacement is now working fine..Make sure you update/download any software that is announced..or sent.

Back
Top Bottom