Questions about repairs for an Atmos ai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ron_dodge

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a version 2 model Atmos ai computer (the model with the metal buttons). The bottom button that activates the light has stopped working. The button fully depresses but the light no longer activates. The light isn't that big of a deal, however the bigger problem is that I can't enter the settings/menu mode.

I'm fond of my Atmos and would like to investigate having it repaired if possible versus a new computer.

So my question, is the bottom button something an authorized service center can repair or should I contact Aeris directly regarding a repair?

Thanks in advance

I would send to aeris and get an estimate along with the ai transmitter to see if it has drifted and decide form there. It may be cheaper to buy new.

Yes it does an much more. I always found it fun to watch the change in time remaining when going form 100 ft to say 50 ft. With out any thought you wound tink your time would double but it doesnt. It often can be 4x or more. Depending on which time limit is the limiting value. comsumption rate ndl or air remaining for instance. Its a real cluster of all that is calculated to say how much time you have till you get to 500 psi on the surface. I forget is it TTS that is time till you have to start your ascent to he surface? Any its a great training tool and provides hours of SI discussoin. I have told this story to others and i will tell it to you. I dont remember the specifics but either the date of the time was wrong on my computer. i dove 2 dives at the flower gardens and discovered the error. I corrected the computer and then dove. imagine you puter being a day slow and you put your date correct. all of a sudden you have no no-fly time. you have no RN its like you were getting ready for the first dive of the day. Hmmmm well now think of this ... you are a couple of time zones off (fast)or off because of DST and you have done 2 dives and change the puter time back one hour. You start your dive and suddenly find youself with no NDL cause by logs there are 2 dives going on at the same time and one n the near future with NO SI between them . You are at 100 ft and 60 ft at the same time. so after the 3rd dive i had no more tme left for the day to dive and was well into deco.. All because of log time stamps. I had to change the date/time to later to clear the problem. fortunately it happened at the end of the first day so doing that i could do the remaining 60 ft dive and go to bed for 8 hours. the next day later i changed the date/time again to make it correct, and all was nearly well. I could have removed the battery but that was breaking a seal so i didnt. The point is that all the comps are done assuming all measurements and configurations are good. ambient presure sensor being off 15 ft can be a real problem so you always have to have a means to validate the info it gives you. Those that can do that validation often dont need/like all the niceties that many computers offer.

Back
Top Bottom