Will the Aeris A300CS get the Screen Layout of the Oceanic VTX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lyonsce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The picture of the VTX show the EDT, GTR, and NDC on the Norm home screen. Will this be an option on the A300CS (I like this layout)? Thanks

Now the aeris web site has the same picture of the display as the VTX. So could someone from Aeris comment on whether or not the A300CS will actually get that screen layout?

The firmware packages are different for each unit. We will continue to support the A300 CS with firmware updates if needed and we're currently looking at the feasibility of making the screen layout of the VTX available.

Is the hardware physically different between the A300CS and the VTX?

Can't we use the Oceanic software to update the A300CS as the Aeris branded software appears to be low priority now?

The firmware packages are different for each unit. We will continue to support the A300 CS with firmware updates if needed and we're currently looking at the feasibility of making the screen layout of the VTX available.

So i think with the lack of an answer that is the answer. Seems like they reserved the new features for the Oceanic branded product. I could understand this if Oceanic Worldwide didn't already own Aeris. This isn't some takeover, its more like the elimination of a product line and abandonment of the customers. I had the original Oceanic datamaster (before the button) and hadn't bought another Oceanic product since. I bought two CS300 and two a300i for the family in august and then poof, they close the company and we get this:
"We will continue to support the A300 CS with firmware updates if needed" what that says to me is they aren't doing anything for it other than safety bug fixes.

Similar to you, I was using an obsolete 10 year old Aeris 750GT which had no software support in years. Finally decided to shell out a thousand bucks on the latest and greatest with actual software support, and pretty much ended up with a 6 month old obsolete computer with no software support. Ironic...

But if you head over to the Oceanic forum, it appears the VTX owners aren't fairing much better than we are.

Back
Top Bottom