What size Accel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a size 12 foot, which seems to fall between the regular and XL versions of the Accel fins. If I wear "beach walker" type shoes for travel/warm weather diving, what size should I get?
SubGearBoots.jpg

I have 10.5 to 11 size feet and the XL were way too big. They actually caused enough drag that I thought the fins were awful - that is until I got the mediums. They totally rock. If you buy from LeisurePro they guarantee fit including shipping both ways. Were a half size down available I'd opt for that for myself. Your 12's should fit fine in a mediium.

Thanks! I'm getting mixed messages about sizing as Scuba Toys and a dive shop that is about 40 minutes away from me both said that I'll need an XL.

The Accel is one of our best selling fins and we tell our customers that they have a very generous foot pocket. I am a size 12 and the XL is actually just a bit loose when I wear a 3mm Deep See Aquapurge boot. I suspect that the regular will fit you just fine with those "beach walkers".

The regulars came in and are perfect for all my formal diving needs. They wil probably work with my "beach walkers" too:

C6C66770-971B-418E-95CF-A15F3FB3322D_zpsj8t5vigj.jpg

Man, you sure dress up to dive.

I was just on St. John and did the ?Reef Bay? hike. The one where you hike down the mountain and then a boat picks you up for the trip back. I wore my Keen hiking shoes to walk down and then added the Accel's to snorkel to the boat. The combo worked perfectly. I think you are going to love those fins. I know I love mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom