Aeris A300G, Atmos Pro, 750 with older, infrared parallel port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Sleep

Registered
Reaction score
  1. The problem(s) with using the Aeris A300G, Atmos Pro, or 750 models on a modern PC are:
    1. The software (Dive Downloader) is NOT compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10. The newest OS I could get the Aeris 300G to work on is Windows XP (even then, it helped to run the program in compatibility mode as Windows Me or Windows 98).
    2. The hardware requires a parallel port (IEEE-1284 port as LPT 1, 2, or3).

1. The solution(s) are:
    1. You must either run the software on a PC with an older OS (using Windows 7 or newer and running in compatibility mode with older OS will NOT work) OR run a virtual older OS inside a newer OS using a virtual machine. Options for this include VirtualBox (or other freeware/shareware) or Windows Virtual PC and XP Mode.
    2. Getting a parallel port in a modern PC requires one of these:
      1. USB to parallel port adapter (WARNING: most of these will NOT work b/c they only function as printer adapters). Only 1 I know can work is here: https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/bastelecke/Rund um den PC/USB2LPT/index.html.var
      2. PCI card or PCI express card to parallel port adapter (WARNING: you may need a base address shift driver).
      3. PCIe based ExpressCard to parallel port adapter (better than USB based ExpressCard to parallel port adapter).

1. Another solution is to get a newer dive computer (sad if your Aeris 300G works fine, and the only issue is dive downloading software).

Back
Top Bottom