A300cs Dive time on main screen on dive mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I find very unconfortable for my Aeris A300cs not displaying the current dive time in the main computer together with the NDL and depth.
Is there any way to change this? Can this computer be configured to display this information?
Thanks

I find very unconfortable for my Aeris A300cs not displaying the current dive time in the main computer together with the NDL and depth.
Is there any way to change this? Can this computer be configured to display this information?
Thanks

I believe plenty of folks have asked for that feature. Hasn't happened yet, and may never happen as they provide only minimal support after switching over to Oceanic.

Also find this awful. Just bought two of them. If there is no upgrade soon, they go back to the dealer.

I don't think Oceanic has any plans to update or upgrade the a300cs. If you can return them I would do so. If you really like the computer otherwise, then get the Oceanic version, as it (I believe) shows dive time on the main screen. The A300CS is pretty much abandoned I think.

I used to be a pretty dedicated Oceanic/Aeris computer user. Don't think I will be buying one again.

We've got a firmware update to the A300 CS pending manual revisions, bringing it up to the current release as the Oceanic VTX. I expect to release it within the week.

I wish Mr Krause would answer some questions in the Oceanic forum, I have a couple pending, May 7, Jan 15.

We've got a firmware update to the A300 CS pending manual revisions, bringing it up to the current release as the Oceanic VTX. I expect to release it within the week.

I stand corrected and am pleased to see I was wrong in my assessment. I have not followed the VTX revisions; have there been any improvements in battery life or low battery warnings?

well, the week is over and guess what...
The two A300 CS are on their way back home to the dealer

---------- Post added May 21st, 2015 at 01:01 PM ----------

and by the way: the VTX is NO alternative. For obvious reasons. I might be oldfashioned, but good and reliable customer care is key for me

This is excellent news Doug. Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us informed here. I'll look forward to the firmware update becoming available (even if it's not quite as soon as you hoped).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom