Sodwana Bay or Mozambique??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
So we are going to Zulu Natal region for 7 days of land safari, then we want to take 5-6 days to go diving in September. We are trying to decide between Sodwana Bay or Mozambique. Both seem to be mainly ribs from the shore, two maybe three per day. Are there other options?

Any opinions on if the diving is better in one or the other area? Healthier reefs, more fish life, more interesting topography. We are experienced divers with the focus of getting in the water as much as possible

do both

I am from KZN and have been diving for over 12 years. My fav is Sodwana very nice reefs and life but is more commercial than Moz. So if you want a ture african experiance (very rural) go to Moz.

But my first thought is do both they are only about 2 hours apart, but you will need a 4x4 for Moz.

BOTH!!!

You can self drive Sodwana with a rental car.

Mozambique would take a bit more planning depending upon where in Moz you want to go (South or North).
South is only 2 hours away from Sodwana and you can self drive to the border and arrange a dive charter to transfer you to the dive camp and back to the border again.

Let me know if I can help you with more info.
If I do not respond to quickly it is because I am off to Sodwana from tommorow until Monday.

To answer your question on boat diving , AFAIK all diving is done from RIBS .

SA-DIVER has the right idea - try to do both , but you will probably end up sacrificing one days diving travelling between the two .

What type of accomodation are you looking for ? Backpacker , tented etc. Do you want A/C in your room ?

Will also help if I can , but SA-DIVER probably has more experience with the Sordies / Moz diving .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom