Good operators in SA for white shark diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khush

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to go white shark diving this September. I have zeroed in on three operators, and would like to know if anyone has any specifc feedback on them -good, bad, ugly. They are DiveSouth, White Shark Diving and White Shark Ecoventures.

I also wonder about 6 man cage vs. 2 man cage...At first I thought the former is better as you can have more time in the water. But later I wondered about it being too large, crowded and hence restricting a 360 view as one might get in a 2 man cage.
Any views on this?

Thanks,

Khushnuma

HERE ARE SOME:-

Incredible Adventures - Great white shark diving operator in False Bay, South Africa.

Shark-Africa - Great white shark dive operator out of Mossel Bay, South Africa.

Marine Dynamics African shark diving adventures - Great white shark dive operator out of Gansbaai, South Africa. Also, organizes trips to see whale sharks in Mozambique.

White-shark-diving - Gansbaai, South Africa.

Unrealdive - Booking company for South African shark dives

Sharkdivers-sa.com - Diving with Hammerheads, Zambezi sharks (bull), and others off of Protea Banks and Aliwol Shoal, South Africa and Mozambique.

Amatikulu.com - Shark diving with Hammerheads, Zambezi sharks (bull), and others off of Protea Banks and Aliwol Shoal, South Africa and Mozambique.

Ultimate-Animals - South African based Great white shark diving operator. Running trips to Dyer Island.

Shark Diving Unlimited - South African based Great white shark diving operator. Running trips to Dyer Island.

White Shark Diving - South African based Great white shark diving operator. Running trips to Dyer Island.

African Odyssea - South Africa and Mozambique dive operator. Arranges diving in the annual sardine run which attracts many sharks.

Shark Bookings - Central booking office for great white shark diving and viewing tours in Gansbaai, South Africa

Africa Shark Diving Safaris - Great white shark cage diving, white shark breaching, and diving tours in South Africa and Mozambique

Dive South Africa - Extreme African scuba diving safaris including Great White shark cage diving, and reef diving in South Africa and Mozambique

Adventure Diving Safaris - Adventure scuba diving safaris and holidays to South Africa and Mozambique including Great White shark cage diving.

Hi slipslop,

Came across divethebig5. Do you have any clue how they are? I havent read up anything on them, but the only reason for considerin them was they seem to customise trips and are willing to combine 2-3 things for me, along with the white shark dive.

Regards,

Khushnuma

Hi whatdecostop,

Came across divethebig5. Do you have any clue how they are? I havent read up anything on them, but the only reason for considerin them was they seem to customise trips and are willing to combine 2-3 things for me, along with the white shark dive.

Regards,

Khushnuma

Hi Jacq

I dived with Andre and can only say that I had a good experience .

I have just come back from a week with Mike Rutzen of Shark Diving Unlimited. He is a nice guy, really knows his sharks, and has a large, stable boat (Barracuda). He has a six-man cage, but usually only puts three or four people in at a time. One day there were only two of us in it all afternoon as the swell put paid to some of the others getting into the water!

He puts covers over his props while you are moored up to prevent the sharks hurting themselves when they come in to check them out, and he only uses the bait to provide a visual lure for the sharks, he doesn't feed them. None of the usual media crap of sharks biting cages, etc, but good close encounters. We had 16 different animals around the boat on one day, including three over five metres long. Very cool...

Mark

Hi

I've just spent a month as a volunteer on white shark projects boat. They are a great company, professional and friendly. They also contibute a lot of information to the Marine Parks Management Board which is monitoring the activities of great whites. I'd highly recommed them.

Back
Top Bottom