Cape Town November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cybawr

New
Reaction score
Hi to one and all. I'm looking for info. I shall be in Cape Town arriving Nov1st and sailing from the cruise ship dock Nov8th. Soooo.... what will be the average water and land temp? What dives would you recommend (wrecks over reef) in the time available and which shop to use? I'll need tanks and weights only. Accommodation, somewhere central, does not cost and arm and a leg and there's a reasonable chance I shall wake up alive in the morning. (Read cheap for the last sentance) Sightseeing, areas of local/historical interest.
Many thanks,
Barry, Key West USA
Ps. Where's the spell check on this page?

Hi Barry

Ave land temp around 25 deg C , water will be between 8 and 14 deg C .
I dive with Blue Flash dive charters . e-mail grant@blueflash.co.za
Just bear in mind all diving here is done from RIBs .
I would do a little of each type of diving , we have some cool wrecks and reef diving .I will be happy to advise you closer to the time , maybe I can arrange to join you for a dive or two ? Most of the charters run mainly over weekends , so perhaps allocate that to diving and the rest of your stay to sightseeing ?

I'm not a boffin on accommodation over here , there are too many good B&B's .

Definitely go up Table Mountain . You will want to look into hiring a small compact sedan - the public transport here is not so great.Maybe do a Great White Shark dive as well .

If you need more info please shout

Back
Top Bottom