Anybody has info about diving in Madagascar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I have not been there, but I was also wondering if it would be nice (or even possible) to dive there. So, I'll make the thread live a little longer...

Thanks guys for your answers:D

Nut Bubblefish:
Sorry I have not been there, but I was also wondering if it would be nice (or even possible) to dive there. So, I'll make the thread live a little longer...

Thanks guys for your answers:D

Thanks for replying but it seems that nobody else has info for us :(...

I couple months ago I read an article in some mainstream magazine (maybe Islands?) that talked about what sounded like great diving in Madagascar. Southeast coast someplace.

Maybe you can find it at your dentists office. :wink:

I read (I think in one of the Lonely Planet dive guides) that it is good diving but not great diving (our assessment based on their description). Since it is expensive for us to get there, we decided that it may not be the best use of our vacation dollars.

I have four friends that lived and worked there for a couple years. All got malaria and got it bad....like they thought they were dying. The anti malarial made one of them really sick too. Be careful.

Yeah, anti-malarials can be pretty bad (but, on the other hand, malaria kills over a million people each year). Mefloquine was, for me, the worst since it caused acute paranoia. I don't remember what I had last time but it was pretty benign -- I could have dived with that, no problem. I'm told, though, that there's a new anti-malarial every couple of years so you can never know what you're gonna get -- guess it's like a box of chocolates! I don't think I'd want to dive with one if I didn't know, already, how my body was going to react to it.

Watch out for the Foosahs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom