South African dive operators rated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Palauman

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a site where south african dive operators are rated by divers? Who is rated best? Any suggestions? :confused:
Tx.

None thatI know of, but if there is someone you are considering diving with ask here and I'm sure we can help.

No I'm not , but there quite a few of us over here that can advise. There aren't that many operators that at least one of us will have had some experience with.

I spent a year working at Sodwana Bay, if you need recommendations for any of those operations I'd be more than willing??

SCBNYMPH or others - We're thinking of honeymooning in S. Africa second half of July, would like to put in a few days diving. my fiancee is recently certified, so we want good coral/sea life without mongo current/technical challenges. Does Sodwana Bay fit the bill that time of year??

thx bunches

As a destination for beginner divers it will certainly fit the bill. Many trainee divers have completed there OW dives there . Don't know what conditions you can expect that time of year , someone else will jump in I'm sure.

Sodwana in July is great, it is like Durbs in July, hot, not so humid and hopefully not much rain. The rain can wash down red mud from rivers reducing viz, but in July you are not going to catch much rain.

Went diving in Unkomaas with Sea fever this weekend (2007-01-26 to 28)
Out of 10 I would rate them a Whopping "7"

What made them loose the 3 points is the fact that you have to take your Weight belt, fins and mask to the trailer / Boat, and you have to wash your own gear after each dive.

Charters like Quo Vadis does all of this for you...
Other than that - they are a fun group with great DM's that know Aliwal Shawl and knows where to look for all kinds of interesting little creatures :)

Keep an eye out for my pics :)

Back
Top Bottom