Equatorial Guinea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ofleisher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

Is anyone heard dived at Equatorial Guinea or even can provide some information ?
There is an oppertunity for a friend of mine to spend down there about 2 weeks and he is a dive junky :) .

Thanks for a speedy reply

Cheers and happy new year

Check out the article on Sao Tome and Principe in the latest (# 34 ) issue of UWP Mag - get it free here http://www.uwpmag.com/

Not Guinea but it may help.

I have never dived in EG but I have worked offshore there and I can tell you the water is calm and very clear and the fish life more prolific (as viewed from the surface) than anywhere I've ever seen in 30 years offshore. There was nearly always some sign of fish activity going on including big game fish. Swordfish, marlin etc. Apparently there is little or no local fishing industry which might explain that though foreign boats are sometimes sold permits to work there. If shore diving the viz might be poor following heavy rains (equatorial rainforest of course) . So the dry season, if there is one, would be preferable. Not sure when that is but there is definitely a west African monsoon season which I think ends in April.

I suspect EG might be one of the world's few remaining undiscovered dive paradises. Wish I could go.

Colin

PS. Check up on malaria prophylaxis. EG malaria is reckoned to be the most dangerous in the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom