sierra leone diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattfive

Reaction score
hello there divers of the world ......new to scubaboard and would like to know if anyone has dived sierra leone or that area of the coast ?liberia, ivory coast etc ...
im considering making a move there and a huge consideration is the quality of the diving ..ive heard its good but have yet to hear from anyone that has even met someone who has dived there .....all replies will be much appreciated

I am heading to Sierra Leone in three weeks and was also wondering if anyone has dove in Sierra Leone? I am aware of at least three dive operators but would like to know if anyone has any first hand experience.

Mark

There is a new dive center operating at Banana Islands from 2011. They have 3 inflatable and 2 wooden (local style) boats, fairly new equipment and a filing station on site. They are located at Daltons Banana Guest House. The Dive Master's number is 076 2781 20 and the Guest house 's number is in the guidebooks.

have fun

Hi,I did some wild diving in the Banana Islands back in 2000, at the hotel of an italian guy named Franco. The boat was hopeless that time but the diving was nice, a very old shipwreck with marine life around, watching of hundreds of huge bats flying around and good spearfishing as well. The hotel was before River Number Two, I hope it still exists, Franco's wife is an excellent cook!!!

Back
Top Bottom