Mozambique or South Africa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lon

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After many snorkling trips I want to do the 'real thing' now. Am mainly interested in seeing lot's of coral, ship wrecks, hopefully some dolphins and turtles....
Being a complete newbee, big questions remain:

-Do I go Mozambique or South Africa?
-If I go I want to buy some basic gear (mask, snorkle, flippers) - can I buy good ones in Moz, or rather check it out in SA? And where?
-When is the best time to go (am free from March onwards), taking into account visibility/rain...

Thx!

You will not find anywhere in Moz to buy gear - rather SA. Where are you based ?

For what you want to see go to either Aliwal Shoal, Protea Banks or Sodwana Bay.
For Whalesharks go to Moz - preferably somewhere like Tofo.

I'm off to Mozambique in April - first to Morrungulo, then Tofo ,down to Sodwana and then Protea / Aliwal - 4 weeks in total.

Definately buy gear in SA. Good gear is expensive but I am sure you can pick up some ok gear for a very minimal cost. Check out Divetek when you are here for some good deals. Or go to their website www.divetek.co.za

They have great begginer/disposable gear for next to nothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom