Diving in Morocco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jurgel

New
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with diving in Morocco ?? I plan to go there in spring, but I really do'nt have any idea about spots that are worth trying? I learned that recreational diving is forbidden in Morocco, but I also heard that it's possible near Al-Hoceima and round Agadir ???
I really hope someone can help me out here. Thanx in advance !!

Ellis:confused:

Hi Ellis,

From what I understand, you are correct that recreational diving is prohibited in Morocco. I do have an article written by Athena Trakadas, who was the first woman ever to lead an underwater archeological expedition. You can find the article at Diving in Morocco.

Hope this helps a little.

Is Snorkelling allowed - if so where is any good?

I do not know who put out the word that recreational diving is prohibited in Morocco but it is not true .... I passed my first level in Morocco during my 9 month stay over there. It is true that it is not easy to find Diving clubs, but that does not mean that diving is impossible.
If you want to dive in Morocco you have to go to the north on the Med coast.

Figuru

I had the same misconception regarding recreational diving not being allowed in Morocco. I recently picked up an issue of Diver magazine (UK) and discovered it was on the list of Mediterranean dive locations. Could be an "easy" way to get in a dive on the African continent!

Dr. Bill

Hi all,

a level 6 Career Development Center has just opened in Agadir, Morocco. Web site taffsdiving.com All levels of training for SDI, TDI, IANTD, ANDI, BSAC, PADI, DAN, RYA, etc, etc, are available as is commercial training. Mixed gas is available and rebreathers will be coming later this year.

See you all there,

Taff

Hi all,
there is a new diving center in Tangier, Morocco.
web site is terre-azur.com
I am the owner and CMAS 3* dive instructor...

The boat is a former French police patrol boat. She has all comfort (kitchen, fridge, heads, etc...) and she is 17m long !

Remember that Tangier is only 10 miles from Europe (Spain or Gibraltar) !

Diving is done in the Gibraltar straits or in the Med : great walls (80 meters deep) with red coral !!!
Pictures on web site...

see you soon... underwater !
safe dives to all...
Boubker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom