Dive Operators in Cape Town?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twisticles

Registered
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for Dive Operators in the Cape Town area.

I'm visiting for a couple of weeks and plan to do my Rescue Diver cert while there.

I've had communications Pro Divers and Scuba Shack who both seem up to the job, from what I can tell via email....anyone with first hand experience?

TIA

Matt
www.cryogen.com/twisticles

Matt, I just came back from South Africa.

I had a very bad experience with
Scuba Shack. I would not recommend them should they be on your list.

Feel free to send me a private message should you be interested in more detail around my recent experience with Scuba Shack (http://www.scubashack.co.za).

Hi

I've just arrived in CT from Dahab and spent this weekend diving with Indigo Scuba in Gordons Bay. They are also worth a "look-in" if you are looking for a friendly and well-run dive centre. Its operated by the owners who take you out diving so they have a vested interest in good service. They love it and it shows.

As it is across False Bay from Cape Town, diving in Gordons Bay is good when the diving in Cape Town is not good (something to do with the wind direction - the wind messes up visibility in Cape Town in summer but cleans up conditions in Gordons in summer)

So, when you cant dive in Cape Town, pop in your car and make your way to Gordons Bay - it is only 45 minutes drive. All the diving in Cape Town was cancelled this weekend because the conditions were terrible so I spent the weekend in Gordons Bay with Indigo and had some really great dives.

They are at Cape Town Scuba Diving Courses, Dive Charters and Guided Dives speak to Dean or Kate.

I havent dived with any of the other operators so cant comment.

Enjoy the diving!

Back
Top Bottom