Durban area beginner's dive tours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi! I got my basic open water certification (YMCA) in August and have only been underwater once since then. Now I have a 3 week business trip to Durban planned for December and want to try a few dives while I'm there. I'll be traveling alone so am looking for advice on a reputable dive charter group who will be able to accommodate my beginner's needs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much! Julia

Where will you be staying,will you have transport,how much free time do you have

Thanks for both the great responses. I'll be in staying in Westville but will be working a monday through friday schedule the whole time i'm there, so my availability for excurisions is limited to weekends. I'll have somewhere there who will drive me where I need to go, as long as I plan ahead. Your responses are greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you!

Why dont you hire a car

You need to get to Sodwana Bay, north of Durban. Try 02Scuba in joburg. Better than Key West by miles!!

Hang on, I'm confused here.

She's going to Durban, and while a 3 and a half hour journey to Sodwana might be considered worth the effort, what on earth has O2 Scuba in JOHANNESBURG(?!?!) got to do with the price of tea in China?

I agree, Sodwana is awesome and if at all possible, go there. But there are much easier ways to book a dive or two, not least of all going straight to the dive charters (Sodwana Bay Lodge, Triton Dive Charters, Adventure Mania, Coral Divers etc) rather than contacting a scuba shop 700 km away in Johannesburg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom