Stupid Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RU 4 Scuba?

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking at doing my IDC+IE sometime in the near future, and was looking at possibly Utila or Roatan (near Honduras), when i asked myself, why not Africa? I had a wonderful trip to Cape Town in South Africa and would love to return, but I am not sure where to start.

I guess my first preference would be somewhere near Cape Town, but if there are any other suggestions, I would love to hear them! Thanks very much for your advice!

:D

I will look into this for you unless someone else responds - I am a CMAS instr, not too sure on where you could do the PADI stuff.

Comment from Mike at Pisces Divers, Cape Town:

"We can help out. We work with a PADI Course Director based in CT and don’t do the instructor courses ourselves, but we will be happy to supply him with all his materials and help him get sorted with dates etc. The next PADI Instructor Development Course and Instructor Exam is going to be in Feb 2009 – will get exact dates for you. In terms of price, the IDC is slightly cheaper here in CT than in Europe, so that will be fine. If he is interested, I will email him a full breakdown."

You can contact Mike here - mike@piscesdivers.co.za

Pisces Divers, South Africa

Contacted him. Very nice website lol. I am just waiting for him to get back in contact with me but I like what I saw from his place so far. Do you know anything about the shop in general?

How do these prices sound remember the rand dollar exchange rate is about 10 to 1

PADI SCUBA REVIEW: R 350.00 - (Quick tune up to diving theory and scuba skills for inactive divers, +- 2-4 hours. Includes gear rental.)

PADI DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING (DSD) RESORT COURSE: R 950.00 - (One-day introduction to the underwater world, quick theory overview, pool dive and shallow Open Water Dive, +- 4 hours including dive. Includes gear rental. From the age of 10 yrs)

PADI BUBBLEMAKER: R 450.00 - (From 8 years learn how to Scuba Dive in the safety of our beach-view pool. Includes gear course materials and Certification. From the age of 8 yrs)

PADI OPEN WATER DIVER: R 3 400.00 - (Full entry-level certification, lectures, pool session and 4 Open Water dives, +- 4 days. Includes gear rental and certification. Price includes training materials. From the age of 15 yrs)

PADI OPEN WATER REFERRAL DIVES: R 1 800.00 - (The 4 qualifying Open Water dives for the Open Water Diver Course, +- 2 days. Includes gear rental and certification)

PADI ADVENTURE DIVER: R 1 850.00 - (3 introductory dives to specialty diving activities, approximately 2 days. Includes gear rental and certification. Price includes training materials. From the age of 15 yrs)

PADI ADVANCED DIVER: R 2 850.00 - (5 dives, approximately 3 days. Includes gear rental and certification. Price includes training materials. From the age of 15 yrs)

PADI RESCUE DIVER: R 2 400.00 - (Serious fun! Lectures, pool sessions and 5 Open Water dives, approximately 4 days. Includes gear rental and certification. Price includes training materials. From the age of 15 yrs)
Send me a mail if you are interested john@guinjatabay.co.za

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom