June/July/August In Tanzania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carolsarinah

Reaction score
# of dives
I have to go to Tanzania this summer for work. How is the diving that time of year? Who would you use off the mainland?

Thanks!:cool2:

Hmmm, not much diving off the mainland I am afraid - or should I say not much ORGANISED diving off the mainland.

There are a few diving operators, but in my opinion they have an uncertain history - look carefully first.

The best diving is off Zanzibar (a small island off Tanzania) with excellant operators and assured safety factors like PADI 5 star facitities and full DAN participation members. Rather make an effort to get there.

This is the best time of the year for diving in Africa (April - August) the only downside been crowds and full dive boats - but hey, adds to the atmosphere.!

I always use Ras Nungwi Beach resort Ras Nungwi - who run a superb operation.

If you have the time I would definatly recommend Pemba island north of Zanzibar as well. Use Swahili divers; good up, excellent diving. I would also see about diving the Leven bank, good chance of big fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom