Mozambique - Bali Hai Lodge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ramez18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for reasonably priced, secure, lodging in the Tofo/Barra area of Mozambique and found the Bali Hai Lodge. Has anyone stayed there or heard anything about the Bali Hai lodge? Thanks.

Thanks for your input. I'm just curious, what was it exactly that you didn't like about Bali Hai Lodge? Is there a dive center near there?

I'll take a look at the other places that you mentioned. Thanks.

I stayed for five nights at Bali Hai in May.

The staff was great. The caretaker/manager couple could not have been nicer. The parrot was great. The dog was great. The rooms are ample size; not too big or small. I would have preferred a better reading light but that was my only complaint.

They rented us a quad runner which got us everywhere on the peninsula which was great. Just be sure not to ride off the roads on the beach.

They do not have a dive center but it is the nicest property we found in the area. And, they have a restaurant. It is up on the point behind the lighthouse. Really great place and people.

Barra Divers (separate operator) took us out on some cool dives and ocean safaris.
IMG_1799.jpg

The whale sharks are common there but remember, you are on a hunt to see them, it is not guaranteed. They are associated with the

Barra Reef Resort has the dive center and lots and lots of other stuff. Seems like a Ft. Lauderdale kind of place to me though. Even in the off season, they seemed busy, and busy selling everything from tours to African crafts. If you want a package kind of place, Barra Lodge would be it.

Barra Lodge's sister resort the Flamingo something was nice. Out on stilts over water, when the tide was up. Much nicer than BR and the Hoi Polloi are left behind.

Have a ball.

Back
Top Bottom