Non-baited shark dive in Durban?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lamnid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Would really love to do some shark diving when I am in Durban in May. However I am not too keen on the concept of feeding or baiting and would like to go with a dive centre who does not practice these things. Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Cheers,

Caz

is it the tigershark dives your interested in? thee generally attract the bull and blacktip sharks aswell. i think generally they are baited. im sure someone with more knowledge will chip in though.

you could try

oceanworx or aquaplanet for more info.

Mark Addison is arguably THE person to go shark diving with in and around Durban. The man's involved with the Natal Sharks Board and films with National Geographic when they cover the Sardine Run.

Blue Wilderness | Home

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the reply - yes I have only dived with Nurse sharks and done the great white boat trip so any new shark species is a big tick :)

ToPpS - yes actually I already have this guy bookmarked as I was recommended him by a friend who is also keen on shark conservation - I guess you've confirmed it for me then - time to give him a shout!

Cheers,

Caz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom