One dive between Cape Town + Port Elizabeth: Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domplast

New
Reaction score
We will drive along the coast from Cape Town to do some national parks. We only have 3 days in total, but would also like to do a dive on the way.
I am a holiday diver, only dive once a year under easy conditions in Red Sea, Maldives etc. (20m visibility, often not a lot current, warm water) and would like to see some big fish or seals but also nice corals if possible. I am not as keen on seeing the white shark as many others. I am not at all into wreck diving.
What would be a good spot to stop and find a straight-forward dive base where I might walk in, dive and find what I am looking for? Any suggestions?

You can try Plettenberg Bay. About 200km from PE and 600km from Cape Town, so it's on your way.
The local dive centre (Pro Dive) has a weekly seal dive scheduled at Robberg (seal mountain) nature reserve. There are also some worth while shore and boat dives in the area.

But I can tell you that anywhere from PE to Cape Town you're going to be at the mercy of the weather gods, the diving conditions vary wildly from day to day. So I'm afraid if you only have 3 days the odds are against you.

hey. in that area it is cold to temparate diving at best, weather is going to be a factor, I would recommened that you dive out of Capetown (the water may be cold - but very to little current - depending on the weather and conditions they either dive on the Atlantic side of the peninsula or on the False bay side. there is a number of good, albeit laid back, operators. saying this the diving is unique and can be very special

try Mike @ Pices Divers Scuba Dive Cape Town - Pisces Divers, Cape Town, South Africa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom