Tofo Beach,mozambique - travel tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

142536dive

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
WOW WOW WOW - if i could shout from a rooftop i would... what a place to dive .. Great beaches, fantastic accommodation with great food and the diving was spectacular... HOT isnt the word.. i dove with an outfit called Peri Peri Divers.. What a great atmosphere those guys have and the energy they create is something very different to any place ive dived before,they have brand new scuba pro dive gear and there 2 boats aptly named after firery hot chillis malagueta & savina - brand new motors and well looked after. Their dive sites - also running with the chilli theme are graded in relation to the spice of chilli - lemon & herb being shallow reefs through to hot being the slightly more challenging deeper dives.
All launching is done via "surf launching" which is probably one of the most thrilling things ive done and once past the back line the search for whalesharks begins.. I was amazed at the abundance of life there, to and from the dive sites there is a high chance of snorkelling with whalesharks then diving with manta rays i saw all of these on a double tank which included some yummy sandwiches i might add - this great mix of big v macro gave me all the photographic opportunities i needed .. great shots of leafish, ribbon eels, frogfish to little brightly coloured nudi's.. i was in heaven.

I dove with frida the swede and ive never met someone as passionate about diving as she is.. fantastic girl with bags of energy and a great photographer i might add as well :eyebrow: ..

I was there just after the easter rush 2011 so everything was quiet which i do prefer, i spent most nights at dinos - great pizza and generally were the guys go too of an evening to dance the night away.. i did feel a little old though :wink:
price of a beer was around 50mts and a pizza will set you back 250mts..
be carefull of the exchange rates though as you would get much better rates at the bank.. so change before you buy!!!

I did stay at CASA BARRY - and a big thank you must go to DEON and the gang there, seafood was the best ive eaten ( defo recom the giant prawns ) there rooms are beach facing so sitting watching the sun set was something i will never forget.. Again a great mix of people with passion for what they do and it shows.

Albatroz where the dive centre was seems nice and again with good views of tofo bay.. only problem i had was that i should of booked my lunch the day before it took that long.. i know now for future :)

One last thing , while i was at the end of my dive trip i did hear of a dive centre in tofo losing divers at a reef called office, and as steve said it does happen but shouldn't.. Thankfully though peri peri and the other centres were alerted in time to stop anything serious happening... A thought though - you must fully check your centre before choosing, as we know there are cowboys out there in every industry...

a very happy tofo traveller

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom