One day in Mauritius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In April, my buddy and I will have the opportunity to spend one day in Mauitius while our cruise ship is docked at Port Louis from 10 AM to 8 PM. Is it possible to arrange a dive from that location and in that time-frame?

Hi. I left your question for a day because I haven't dived Mauritius for about five years (prior to that I was doing extensive diving there) and figured others might have a better response. Seems not, so . .

Port Louis is in the west side of the Island which is good for diving. I am not aware of any dive opperators that are based in Port Louis. Most dive shops are affiliated to hotels and you can arrange with them. You will need a Taxi to get to the hotel / dive shop (assume it takes an hour to go anywhere in Mauritius).

I think that Sugar Beach is close to PL and has a dive shop. Google around and see who else is close these days.

There is some good basic diving in Grand Bay which is about and hour to the North. I am friends with the dive shop at La Mauritia so think that they are good.

If you are into more advanced diving I think that the Cathedral is special (basically you swim through a short lava tube into an old volcano and then surface through the volcano crater). My recollection is that this is to the South of PL but it was a long time ago. I think I dived this from the Paradis hotel but could be wrong.

Your time frame is good for at least one dive, maybe two if the shops boats can work around you.

Last edited:
I've located a dive op that will pick us up at the cruise ship dock and take us for a 2-tank dive in the afternoon. Liquid Dreams Diving at La Plantation Hotel, Balaclava, Pointe Aux Piments. I know they're PADI 5*.

Does anyone know anything else about them?

Back
Top Bottom