Pemba Island Tanzania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!
I have searched and searched the internet for information on diving at Pemba Island but either there is not much out there or I am really bad at surfing the net (quite possibly the latter!).
My girlfriend and I are going on the 7th October and just wondering if anyone has experience diving there - we are staying on the West side of the Island. Any and all information would be hugely appreciated. How deep the dives are, what to look out for, visibility etc. I took the plunge (forgive the pun) recently and bought some underwater photography kit but I simply can't justify or afford to get a strobe at this point so any help in this area would be great too (i am about to post on the photography section too). I have a compact with wide angle lens.

Thanks very much in advance!

George

Just a quick reply! I wish I had seen this earlier as I have been on two long (3 weeks and 2 weeks) dive trips to Pemba and both times had a wonderful time and stayed at Kervan Saray Lodge with Swahili Divers. Anyway - have a good time and do get back to me if you still want any info!

Hi. I am planning to do both safari and sea in Tanzania this next summer...and I really cannot makò up my mine in choosing between Pemba and Mafia, and...I am looking for biiiig groupers! Any clues anyone ??? Thanks everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom