Do all safari trips begin and end in johannesburg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moose016

Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't exactly diving related, but I'm heading to cape town in about 8 months and after I do some diving in cape town I'd like to do a safari, but I heard they all start and end in Johannesburg. I don't plan on booking a safari until I get there, so if they all start and end in Johannesburg I'll try to book my flight out from there and try to time the safari to end a day or so before I come home, otherwise if they do have ones originating and ending in cape town, I'll book a round trip ticket to there.

Anyone have experience with safaris from cape town?

Thanks,

Hey!

You are right... Most operators start in Johannesburg. But not all of them...
When is your trip?

Hi there
No not all trips start end in Joburg. They only say that because Joburg is really the only international airport, so technically everything starts and ends there.

I would would recommend Hluhluwe/ Umfolozi Game reserve in northern Kwazulu Natal. You could fly into Richards bay from Cape Town and hire a car, its 2 hours from Richards bay. Or Fly to Durban and then its about 4 hours drive.

OR if you want to hit Kruger National Park or one of the small game farms that border the park then you could fly in to Nelspruit or even Skakuza.

The options really are endless. Enjoy!

Hi there
No not all trips start end in Joburg. They only say that because Joburg is really the only international airport, so technically everything starts and ends there.

I would would recommend Hluhluwe/ Umfolozi Game reserve in northern Kwazulu Natal. You could fly into Richards bay from Cape Town and hire a car, its 2 hours from Richards bay. Or Fly to Durban and then its about 4 hours drive.

OR if you want to hit Kruger National Park or one of the small game farms that border the park then you could fly in to Nelspruit or even Skakuza.

The options really are endless. Enjoy!

Thanks very much, I will look into these options. I have made tentative plans to do a kruger/Victoria falls safari out of Joburg ending in livingstone, but I will explore your suggestions above before booking. My trip is From 8/17-9/9.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom