TOFO good season in Mozambique

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nori1841

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to dive TOFO in four days from August to December. Please let me know relatively calm and clear water during the period. and any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Hey Nori..I just spent 3 weeks diving Tofo/Barra/Zavora in Moz in April/May and loved it! Some of the best diving I've done outside of SE Asia/Australia...not just for the big stuff its famous for, but also for great and rare macro (rhinopias, harlequin shrimp, etc.). That was my first and only visit to the area, so I can't speak for conditions August-December, but it was my understanding that's generally considered prime whale shark season (we didn't see any, although saw lots of mantas), with water temps in the upper 20s. I think that's out of typhoon season as well. Due to the plankton in the water that attracts the whale sharks/mantas, you're never going to have crystal clear visibility there, but I don't think one time of year is necessarily better than other. Dove with, and highly recommend, Peri Peri Divers www. peri-peridivers.com. If you email them I'm sure they'll be happy to answer any other specific questions you might have. If you want any other info, or if you're planning on going into South Africa to dive on your trip, feel free to pm me. Have fun!

Hi ocdiverq, Thank you for your prompt reply.

Big stuffs and typhoon are good info but dive in South Africa is very difficult due to short term vacation to Africa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom