Tofo in late December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amw5g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've read it can turn into a bit of a madhouse. Is that true, and does it affect the quality of diving at that time? Is it a place for tranquility-seeking divers, generally, to avoid at that time of year? All other things being equal, we prefer quiet destinations and small dive groups (8 max or so).

Tofo is busy most times of the year and yes late December it is an absolute madhouse. If you are looking for tranquility it is not the place and the time. Out of season it is awesome. Much quieter yet there is always boats going out doesn't matter what time of the year and the diving is excellent. Try pomene lodge late december for a tranquil setting and diving experience

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Much obliged. It reads like a great place- perhaps I can convince my better half that we can make it work in August. In your experience, any major considerations for that time of year?

Only a pleassure. Cooler that time of the year with water temperatures probably around 24 / 25 Celsius where in summer it would be more around 28 so I would say a 5mm suit would be my choice. Malaria risk is also lower that time of the year but it is like always something to be aware of and precautions should be made as per a medical professional with know-how on the subject.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom