Advice needed for Cape Town great white shark diving in late September, please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pisces Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be in Cape Town in late September and hope to dive with Great White sharks while there. I am aware that there are two possible locations to experience this, in Gansbaai or Simon's Town, and either with scuba gear or breath holding. I am getting conflicting advice as to which location would provide the best experience for late September. My preference is to use scuba, but I've also been told that the bubbles may scare away the sharks. I would appreciate any advice those familiar with this area could provide, preferably not from someone with a commercial interest. Thanks!!!

I'm surprised you haven't received an answer to your question. I'll be anxious to hear your trip report as we are planning a trip for next fall :)

I've only done cage diving in SA and it was at Gansbaai I believe. I can't remember the company we went with but they picked us up from the waterfront. They pour fish oils and blood into the water to attract the sharks, not sure I would want to go scuba diving in that!

Back
Top Bottom