Couple of days to dive in cape town or better to save money for Zanzibar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Currently travelling South and East Africa
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys

Heading to Africa next week and I have a couple of days free to dive in cape town, I contacted a couple of shops to arrange some fun dives. bit disappointed with the prices $150 Au for 2 dives with equipment, is this the price I should be expecting?

Should I just hold off to Zanzibar? will diving be considerably cheaper there?

Dives I looked into doing were with the seals and one with cow sharks but prices for normal reef dives were all around the same price that I found

Any shops you guys recommend I try that are a bit cheaper?

thanks

David

Depends. Are you doing the 2 dives in one day? Dives in SA are not too expensive, but rental of equipment is, especially if you don't belong to a dive club. I expect to pay between ZAR300 to ZAR350 for a dive. Rental varies a lot from place to place. If you are not happy with the price, shop around. Maybe ask the Cape Tonians once you get here. Also, don't say you are foreign.

Zanzibar is warm water diving, so, personally, I would rather spend a few days there. But it all comes down to what you want as a diver.

Hey noslappers, drop me a pm if you want to Dive Cape town.

Let me know what you want to do and when. Sharks and seals can also be shore as shore dives if you know the sites. I dive every weekend and you are welcome to join, i am sure that we can easily sort you out with kit. I also know all the local operators and best places to hire, so we can go that way as well.

HI Kevin, sent you a PM.

---------- Post added December 17th, 2014 at 01:21 PM ----------

I Just thought. Here is a very excellent resourse for anyone wanting to dive in Cape Town. Diving the Cape Peninsula and False Bay ? Travel guide at Wikivoyage Remember summer diving is mostly Atlantic side 9-14 Celsius and winter diving is False bay 12-18 Celsius

Back
Top Bottom