Diving in Zanzibar or elsewhere in Tanzania - where's the best diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livingsea

New
Reaction score
I'll be in Zanzibar in late June and would like to dive the best spots on this island. I've got about a week. Currently, I'm booked into accommodation in Matemwe and planned to just dive the Mnemba Atoll. Is this where I'm likely to get access to the best diving? I know this is a subjective opinion, but love to hear your views on this.

I'm an advanced diver and I'm happy to go deep, but I'm not into deep diving exclusively. I'd really like to see larger sea creatures (like rays or dolphins). Good visibility would be great too. I'm not so interested in tons of tropical fish. Is there any chance of seeing humpback whales in late June? I've already seen whale sharks, so not super concerned to see them again.

I'd also consider taking a ferry or even a plane to other islands off the coast of Tanzania if the diving is truly spectacular around this time (late June).

Back
Top Bottom