Recommendations for the Seychelles in Oct-15 (visits Silouette, Pralin & La Digue)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flygmyran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

Looking for recommendations for dive sites & operators on Silouette, Pralin and/or La Digue in October 2015.

I am AOW-certified. Prefer smaller dive groups and not to crowded dive sitesif possible.

Read that it is Whale shark season. Anyone that knows where my best chance to see one is?

Any tips is highly appreciated!

Diving around Marianne Islands seems a must ;o) Anyone been there?

Kind regards
/Marianne

My wife and I honeymooned at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa in March 2015 (which is on Silhouette Island). There is only one dive shop which is loosely connected to the hotel.

The dive shop is nice but very expensive. There are some good dive masters but half of the crew just don't seem very interested in the guest and its all very stand offish.

The beach at the hotel is awesome but the tide is very dangerous and one guest died the week we were there. Our diving was OK and we saw some amazing giant parrot fish but the viz was not very good.

Over all I would say the diving is over priced and mostly just convenient. Don't go here for a diving vacation but if you're on vacation and you want to dive - then its ok.

I hope that helps and have fun!

-Jason
Hi!

Looking for recommendations for dive sites & operators on Silouette, Pralin and/or La Digue in October 2015.

I am AOW-certified. Prefer smaller dive groups and not to crowded dive sitesif possible.

Read that it is Whale shark season. Anyone that knows where my best chance to see one is?

Any tips is highly appreciated!

Diving around Marianne Islands seems a must ;o) Anyone been there?

Kind regards
/Marianne

Back
Top Bottom