Mozambique Tofo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andyfish

Registered
Reaction score
I am heading to Mozambique in December and January . If any one has recent information about diving especially at Tofo , visas on arrival at Maputo airport , how best to take money , and cheap places to stay it would be a great help . There are lots of reports about whalesharks and mantas , but is it possible to see raggies as well ? Any info about Mozambique would be great .

Hi

I am booked to stay at Casa Barry Lodge from 17 to 29 Nov 2004 . They are sitiated at Tofo - this is their website : http://www.casabarry.com/ and come well recommended by people I know who have been there recently .

The dive operator at Casa Barry is here : http://www.tofoscuba.com/

Which part of the world are you from ? I can help you further if I know where you are travelling from .

Safe Diving

Andrew

Tofo diving is fantastic!!!
I spent a couple of months ther earlier this year and dived with Diversity Scuba.

There seemed to be three dive oufits there. Two owned by the same people.

Mantas, Mantas, loads of them..
Whalesharks, loads and loads. Head south to Protea Banks (south of Durban) for raggies.

Make sure to take cash - US$. And/or a credit card that will work in an ATM.

Do *not* take traveller's checks.

You can certainly pay Diversity through an internet transfer.
It's easy enough to get a visa at Maputo airport.

I stayed at a place called Blue Roof in Tofinho. It's a mile or so around the bay from Tofo. Peaceful. Clean. Cooking facilities.

There's 2 huge back packer style places which ain't really my thing, but good for drinks, etc. Other than that the accomodation is mostly hotels and a little pricier (if you stay a couple of months) .

Fantastic diving. You'll have a great time.

andyfish:
I am heading to Mozambique in December and January . If any one has recent information about diving especially at Tofo , visas on arrival at Maputo airport , how best to take money , and cheap places to stay it would be a great help . There are lots of reports about whalesharks and mantas , but is it possible to see raggies as well ? Any info about Mozambique would be great .

Hi Andy.
I have been going to Tofo for the past three years, we always stay at Casa Barry but there is lots of accomodation to choose from and most of it is well priced, they have 2 backpackers there.
We always dive with Tofo Scuba, they are excellent!!, very proffesional and very safety conscious, also it is the only owner run shop in the area.
Definately don't take travellers cheques, you can get a visa upon arrival takes about 30min and costs R150.
With out a doubt you will have a awesome time!!
Kind Regards.
Nikki Jacobs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom