Weather in Sept on Belize Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Considering a Sept stay on the Belize aggressor and this is technically the rainy season. Can anyone share some feedback about the average rain fall, water temp, etc? Many thanks!!

It may be "technically" the rainy season in September... but it's ACTUALLY hurricane season.

Hmm I suppose it is :(. I need to find a place to dive in September. I am going solo. This the live board seemed like a good idea...location may not have been well thought out tho. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the Sundancer two years ago the first week of September. It never rained a drop, the water was 84deg. the air was about the same. I have done trips the last five years in the Carribean over Labor Day and have never had a bad trip. I suggest you buy the insurance and have a good time.

Don't let the hurricane season sway you from doing Belize in September. Chances of a hurricane slamming Belize during your trip is slim. Not impossible but just a slight chance. There's a large area in the Atlantic where a hurricane can occur and move. Belize is just a small sliver in that hurricane path. Based previous Belize Aggressor trip reports between July and November as well as general dive reports, the summer months and hurricane season seem to indicate very good to excellent diving conditions. Hurricane season or not, I always have trip insurance that covers trips disruptions due to weather conditions. So, go get insurance and enjoy diving Belize on the Aggressor in September. Don't worry about something that has not happened yet. Insurance will ease the pain whenever the inevitable happens.

Good call. Coco view is booked except for the rooms away from the main area and being by myself I need to be in the middle of activity or will be a shut in. I think the weather fear is subsiding fast. Just need to come to terms with the single supplement. Don't care to share a room with a random guy. Can't do it

Don't let the hurricane season sway you from doing Belize in September. Chances of a hurricane slamming Belize during your trip is slim. .... Don't worry about something that has not happened yet. Insurance will ease the pain whenever the inevitable happens.

I love Belize with all my heart. But lets not be ignoring the facts.

Hurricane Kills Virginia Dive Club Members in Belize - NYTimes.com

At least two of the resorts I worked at were destroyed, one never reopened.

I love Belize with all my heart. But lets not be ignoring the facts.

Hurricane Kills Virginia Dive Club Members in Belize - NYTimes.com

At least two of the resorts I worked at were destroyed, one never reopened.

To each his own...if you don't feel travelling during hurricane season then it is your call. I am just saying, don't let this one unfortunate incident stop you.

Seriously, this hurricane incident happened in 2001 (October). Based on further research, the next one was in 2007, Hurricane Dean, at the northern tip of Belize. Then, in 2010 (June 26), there was Hurricane Alex and another one in September 15, that same year called Karl.

What are the chances of a hurricane occurring at the exact week in September when a particular tourist will be in Belize? With today's technology in forecasting Hurricanes, you'll be able to see it coming a few days before you leave for your trip. Typically, a hurricane spends several days out at sea where it was born before hitting places like Belize. If you only plan to stay a week and a hurricane starts out at sea, chances are that you'll miss it once it hits Belize or around those parts.

I think I said it before. I have rolled
The dice and bought the insurance before. Would do it agin before waiting another six months if it comes
Down to it. I was more worried about being rained out as that can be a downer

Good call. Coco view is booked except for the rooms away from the main area and being by myself I need to be in the middle of activity or will be a shut in. I think the weather fear is subsiding fast. Just need to come to terms with the single supplement. Don't care to share a room with a random guy. Can't do it

It is my understanding that Aggressor will not put women and men in the same cabin unless they are traveling together. I could be mistaken, both with Aggressor and that you are not a guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom